If you are like the majority of consumers you don’t think too much about the components of a refrigerator until it shuts down, or before it is time to replace it. In order to get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be nice to understand how a refrigerator keeps food cold—and Ace Alhambra Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn what you might need to understand concerning how refrigerators work, how it cools your food and if it’s the time to reach out to refrigerator repair Alhambra.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-own appliance for a lot of years now. A refrigerator is able to store your food at the optimal temperature, in order to prevent rotting and stop bacteria. The process of refrigeration starts by transferring the warmth from the interior of the unit to the outside, by relying on principles of condensation and evaporation.
The standard components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Ace Alhambra Appliance Repair:
The compressor is both a pump and a motor, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional company if the compressor is broken.
The condenser is attached on the rear outside wall of the appliance and is there to disperse the warmth built-up from within the refrigerator out into the air.
The evaporator is installed on the inside of the refrigerator where it absorbs the heat contained within it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
The moment the evaporator stops working, it is time to hire a professional. Don’t wait too long.
Liquid coolant is transported within a capillary tube which serves as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby turning it back into a liquid.
The thermostat helps regulate the current temperature within the refrigerator, beginning a new cooling cycle as appropriate.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is very prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Alhambra for service the moment a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Right when the temperature inside the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the compressor to begin, and the next cool down begins. The appliance draws in the cool liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the liquid, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas form.
2. The compressor unit pushes the warm gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the rear of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the room and reverts back to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquid continues on its trip towards the evaporator, pushing through the coils within the refrigerator and top freezer.
4. The liquid then absorbs the hot air from the interior of the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature down to the best set point.
5. The refrigerant evaporates, and turns back to a gas state, and returns to the compressor in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration is found in many applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing heat from one area and relocating it to another the cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your house, creates a perfect environment for perishable food, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a lot of different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need service? You can schedule service with Ace Alhambra Appliance Repair.
Ace Alhambra Appliance Repair can repair all standard brands and models of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced technicians in Alhambra complete training to fix problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation issues, water puddles and leaks, bulbs, digital controls, smart systems and various issues. We know all about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working